Tokyo — Coordinated by ANEW Holdings Inc., the 2nd Summit of the Bengaluru Tokyo Technology Initiative (BTTI), jointly hosted by the global think tank Carnegie India and The Sasakawa Peace Foundation, was held on April 20, 2018 at the Sasakawa Peace Foundation headquarters in Tokyo.
Based in Bengaluru and Tokyo, BTTI facilitates the exchange and transfer of technology between India and Japan, hosting a place for members of the public, commercial and academic sectors of both nations to convene. The inaugural event was held in Bengaluru in December 2017.
Carnegie India’s R.K. Misra chaired a panel discussion, where panel members engaged audiences with their insights on the advancement of India-Japan relations. In addition, a pitch session was held where 29 startups and 7 venture capital firms from both India and Japan took to the stage to share their business ventures. The event was attended by a total of 269 guests from startups, government, academia and private entities.
To promote economic and technological advancement in India and Japan, BTTI focuses on enabling innovation through the exchange of technology and investments from the governments, corporations and academic institutions. BTTI also contributes to the furtherance of business between the two countries by advising on public policy.
*About Bengaluru: Under the Modi administration’s promotion of local language, the English name of the city was officially changed from Bangalore to Bengaluru on November 1, 2014. Bengaluru is the capital city of the state of Karnataka, where the local language is Kannada.
Photo: Panel discussion at the 2nd Summit of BTTI
Bengaluru Tokyo Technology Initiative 2nd Summit
Date & Time: Friday, April 20, 2018 From 10AM to 8PM
Venue: The Sasakawa Peace Foundation (1-15-16 Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo)
Total Number of Attendees: 269
Host: Carnegie India, The Sasakawa Peace Foundation
Support: The Embassy of India in Japan; Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI); Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA); Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
Coordinator: ANEW Holdings Inc.
Volunteer Staff: Certified Nonprofit Organization ARUN Seed
Official Media Partner: Ishin Co., Ltd.
Panel Discussion Participants
- R.K. Misra, Nonresident Scholar, Carnegie India
- Tatsuya Terazawa, Director-General, Commerce & Information Policy Bureau, METI
- Shigeki Takizaki, Director-General, Southeast & Southwest Asian Affairs Department, MOFA
- Shinya Fujii, Manager, Service Industry & IP Innovation, JETRO
- Hideaki Shiroyama, Professor, Graduate School of Public Policy, Tokyo University; Graduate School of Law and Politics, Tokyo University
- Raj Kumar Srivastava, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of India in Japan
- Mohandas Pai, Chairman, Aarin Capital
Startup Pitch Session Participants – Japan
- Eisuke Tokiwa, President & CEO, Amegumi Inc.
- Rie Kawano, Founder & CEO, Cognitee Inc.
- Satoshi Toriumi, CEO, Future Standard Co., Ltd.
- Jin Nakamura, President & CEO, Money Design Co., Ltd.
- Toru Tokushige, Founder & CEO, Terra Motors Corporation
- Yasuyuki Toki, CEO, Unifa Inc.
- Riki Kitagawa, Co-Founder & CEO, WOTA Corporation
Startup Pitch Session Participants – India
- Ace Turtle: Brinder Pal
- Active AI: Parikshit Paspulati
- AlphaICS: Nagendra Nagaraja
- Elanic: Ahbilash Narhari
- Ezetap: Abhijit Bose
- Faircent: Rajat Gandhi
- Flutura: Kiyotaka Okubo
- Green Robot Machinery: Manohar Sambandam
- Grey Orange: Nalin Advani
- Jigsaw Academy: Gaurav Vohra
- LetsTransport: Pushkar Singh
- Medikabazaar: Vevek Tiwari
- Rizort: Sachin Kanodia
- SV.CO: Sanjay Vijaykumar
- ScoreData: Vasudev Bhandarkar
- Servify: Sreevathsa Prabhakar
- Slicepay: Rajan Bajaj
- Sumpurn Agriventures: Sanjeev Nagpal
- Team Indus: Rahul Narayan
- Tonetag: Kumar Abhishek
- Tricog: Dr. Charit Bhograj
- Yulu: Amit Gupta
Venture Capital Pitch Session Participants – India and Japan
- 3one4 Capital: Pranav Pai
- Blume Ventures: Sanjay Nath
- Fenox Venture Capital: Toshitada Nagumo
- Incubate Fund: Nao Murakami
- PrimeVenture Partners: Shripati Acharya
- Rebright Partners: Brij Bhasin
- Vertex Ventures: Ben Mathias
*Pitch session participants listed in alphabetical order.
<REFERENCE INFORMATION: The 1st BTTI Summit>
The 1st BTTI Summit was held on December 7, 2017 in Bengaluru, Karnataka, co-hosted by Carnegie India and the Embassy of Japan in India. The event aimed to be a closed space for experts from Japan and India to come together and engage in active discussions regarding the advancement of collaboration in technology between Japan and India. In addition to a roundtable discussion was a networking session for Japanese venture capital firms and Indian startups.
The 1st BTTI Summit Participants
- Dr. S. Jaishankar, Foreign Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs of India
- C. Raja Mohan, Director, Carnegie India
- Akihiro Fujita, Professor, School of Engineering, Tokyo University
- Teruhide Sato, CEO, BeeNext Pte. Ltd.
- Brij Bhasin, Rebright Partners Pte. Ltd.
- Munehiko Eto, Manager, Dream Incubator, Inc.
- G. Raghuram, Dean, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- D. Krishna Sundar, Professor, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Hideaki Shiroyama, Professor, Tokyo University
- Yuji Fujinaga, CEO, ANEW Holdings Inc.
Attendees included Japanese corporations such as Toyota, Nissan, Denso, and Indian corporations such as Mahindra Electric and NASSCOM, among others.
Photos: 1st Summit of BTTI held in Bengaluru, Karnataka
*About ANEW Holdings Inc.: ANEW Holdings is a global incubation and venture advisory group providing financial and business support to both domestic and overseas companies for the development of new business and promotion of strategy. Focus areas include platform models, consumer goods, media & entertainment and technologies. Headquarters in Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, ANEW Holdings is represented by CEO Yuji Fujinaga and COO Wataru Ito. The company’s U.S. office is located in Los Angeles, California, and its India office is in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
ANEW Holdings Media Contact: email@example.com